Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Working on my 'self control'

I want to start eating better and taking better care of myself. I am just so out of practice with it that I'm actually finding it rather difficult. I know I shouldn't fill up on candy, but when someone brings candy into work I end up snacking on it all night. When I go out for lunch i always tell myself I will just get a side salad (which would be healthy and cheep) but I usually end up getting a burger and fries. I have gotten better about not drinking pop as much, but that is about the only area where I have improved. If I could just stick to eating better that would be half my battle with my weight loss....

I am currently 125 lbs. I would like to be at 113 lbs. I am 5'2" so that is actually a healthy body weight. Losing the weight isn't the only thing I need to work on though. I have to tone my muscles also. I don't want to be skinny and flabby ;) The best way to help with weight loss will be a cardio workout of some sort. Ideally I would like to do 30 min of cardio 3 times a week. That would be a nice start I think. After I get into that habit, I would like to add 30 min of Pilates 2 times a week.

Today I did not eat breakfast ( I know, not a good habit. My husband reminds me of that often and I'm sort of trying to work on it). I had 1 sloppy joe sandwich for lunch and I plan on bringing the fixings for 1 sloppy joe sandwich to work tonight for my dinner. I am a little worried that I have so much bread in those meals. But its a good start anyhow I think. And its not something I have to purchase :)

I work another night shift tomorrow, so I will have eggs for breakfast, a sloppy joe sandwich for lunch, and a side salad for dinner. That will require me to purchase the salad, but that is only $1 compared to $3 for a meal   I would normally get. Then for some cardio I will start out small and easy...I will dance around the house with Landon to some music for 30 min. That will get my heart beating for sure! lol

I cleaned the house up a little this morning. Its still looking good! But well see if I can make this 'habit'. I have heard you have to do something routine for 30 days before it actually becomes a habit for you. I think I will make that a goal: Tidy up the house every morning...just a quick sweep-through of the house to put everything back where it belongs. It would be great if being neat were just a natural habit for me!

If I really want to take better care of myself, I should take my multivitamin daily. That is something that I am horrible at remembering to do. So taking a daily multivitamin, working out 3 times a week (minimum), eating better and eating 3 meals a day, and creating a better routine for myself are my 'goals' for the next few weeks. Lets see how I do and where I will still need to improve. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment