Sunday, October 23, 2011

Making the house a home

Chris has been wanting me to clean the house up and KEEP it clean for some time now. And I think I should do it too. I  am kind of old fashion and feel it is the job of the woman of the house. My problem is I lack the motivation. My biggest pitfall is the dishes. I HATE doing dishes. I'm not really sure why. If  I would just clean them up after cooking dinner every night it they wouldn't pile up and it wouldn't seem so daunting. But every night after dinner I just want to relax. I say I'll do them in a little bit or I'll do them first thing in the morning, but I never do. I'm really just lazy I think.
Well tonight, I'm working really hard to get the house all in order. And what I don't finish tonight I will do tomorrow before I go to work. I need to get into some type of routine to make sure I keep up with the house. Really I have a routine written down, I just need to kick it into gear and stick with the routine. Housework would seem like nothing if I just follow the 'weekly chore list'. I think my husband deserves to come home to a clean house after working all day and going to school. It is hard to focus on homework when there is 'junk' laying all around you. I know this would mean a lot to him if I could carry this out. I think the way you present your house is what makes your house your home.
Another thing I have been really lazy about recently is my weight loss. I want to lose the weight, I just don't want to do the work involved. I only want to lose about 10 lbs. And i'm sure making simple changes to my diet would help a lot. I work 5 days a week, and on the days I work I go out to fast food for lunch. Maybe instead of ordering a burger and fries I could order a side salad and bring my own drink. That would help save money too. I just need to work on my self control and actually DO that.
I know there are changes that I want to make. I just really need to focus on motivation and self control. I'm not really sure how just yet, but I need to figure something out...

No comments:

Post a Comment